Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Samurai

I encountered him earlier.
THAT ANNOYING BASTARD.
Okay, seriously HELLFIRE, stop with the messages. Can't I just do one post without you interrupting me?
NO
Okay, I ran into him in town earlier. He is a servant of the Wooden Girl. While I was in the service of the Game Master, I was forced to learn as much as I could about her and her servants. The Samurai is one of her best. I don't know the full full details about him. Few do. He's at least 300 years old, and his true name is a mystery. He's gone by countless names in the past. I knew him as Hiroshi Isamu. I guess he's changed it since then.
GEE, YOU THINK!?
I approached him on the street.
"Hiroshi," I said. "That's you, right?"
"Which one are you?" He asked me.
"Estren," I replied. "HELLFIRE is dormant at the moment."
"What do you want?" He asked.
"I'm curios about what your business is here," I replied.
"I could ask the same of you," He said.
"I'm looking for something," I said. "And Daniel Ferris is the person who can lead me to it."
"Daniel lives around here?" He asked.
"Somewhere in this town, yes," I replied. "I'm not sure exactly where, though. What about you?"
"The Mistress informed me that Ren is in the area," He said. "I have orders to eliminate him."
"And you're comfortable killing your old friend?" I asked.
"It's him or me," He replied. "You understand what it's like serving the Fears. I can't say I wish to kill him, and if it weren't for her orders, I wouldn't."
"Why does she consider Ren to be such a threat?" I asked. "I thought the Tall One was the only one he wished to kill."
"You understand so little about this war," He said, getting up and walking away. "And it's not Hiroshi anymore. It's Akihiko Hideo."
As he was leaving, HELLFIRE's voice came into my head.
What are you to do? The best servants of the Wooden Girl and Plague Doctor are about to duke it out here. Do you think this town will survive such a battle?
"I don'y know," I said. "Right now, I just want to find that box. If the Samurai or Thorned Prince interfere, then I'll deal with them. But I'll cross that bridge when and if we come to it."
Suit yourself. It's usually better to take preemptive action.
i STAND BY THAT OPINION
I suppose I should explain a bit about Ren. He was an old friend of The Samurai and Malkator. At some point, he had a thorn from the Bleeding Tree stabbed into his right arm. The Plague Doctor was somehow able to merge the thorn into his body. He now possesses the ability to turn his arm into wood and expand in indefinitely. He can also grow bark, thorns, vines, roots, and leaves whenever he needs them.
HE IS A DANGEROUS ADVERSARY. WE SHOULD KEEP AND EYE OUT FOR HIM IF YOU WISH TO COMPLETE OUR MISSION.
I'm going to log off now before HELLFIRE takes control of my fingertips again. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment