Friday, March 8, 2013

Mask upgrades


Estren; This is new.
HELLFIRE; WHAT'S GOING ON?
ES; Apparently, I can type things on my mask now.
HF; HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?
ES; I don't... Wait, there's a post on my blog.
HF; LOOKS LIKE THE MASK WAS HACKED.
Es; Yeah.
HF; WHAT DO ALL THESE FUNCTION THINGIES DO?
ES; I have no idea, HELLFIRE.
HF; WELL, CLEARLY ONE OF THEM ALLOWS US TO WRITE OUR THOUGHTS DOWN USING THE MASK.
ES; I guess so... Let me try a few things. HOLY CRAP!!!
HF; WHAT'S WRONG?
ES; That glitch that's been preventing me from tracking people down is gone, plus the radius of that function has been increased.
HF; INCREASED BY HOW MUCH?
ES; Jupiter. All the way to Jupiter.
HF; YOU'RE JOKING, RIGHT?
ES; No, I'm not. I can actually scan all the way to Jupiter. Holy crap, there's life there!
HF; DUH, EVERYONE KNOWS THERE'S ALIENS UP THERE.
ES; Actually, I don't think very many people know that.
HF; YOU'RE AN IDIOT.
ES; Shut up.
HF; CAN YOU TRACK DOWN DAWSON?
ES; Well, not exactly. This function can only locate humans, and as Dawson is possessed by a Dying Man shard, I can't pin him don. However...
HF; YES?
ES; I can pick up distortions caused by the Fears, all over the world. One of those distortions has to be Silvermist.
HE; GREAT! SO, HOW MANY OF THESE DISTORTIONS DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH?
ES; Um... a couple hundreds. There's God knows how many Dying Man shards, plus I'm pretty sure some of the things I'm picking up are Demi Gods... But I think we can narrow their location down to somewhere in the US... Still a lot to pick through...
HF; WELL, THIS COULD TAKE A WHILE...
ES; Yeah. Wait a minute... HELLFIRE, you'll never guess who I just found!
HF; IS IT GARROT KELTERRY?
ES; …Okay, you can guess, apparently... And get this, he's still alive!
HF; WELL, LET'S FIND HIM! SILVERMIST CAN WAIT JUST A BIT, RIGHT?
ES; Yeah. Think we should contact Hideaki first? It looks like he's somewhere in Tiajuana.
HF; WHAT'S HE DOING THERE?
ES; Beats me.
HF; WELL, I SUPPOSE WE MIGHT AS WELL.
ES; Where are we, anyway?
HF; PROXY HIDEOUT. I THINK I SAW MYRIR EARLIER.
ES; I see. Should we ditch this place without speaking to anyone here?
HF; I'D KIND OF LIKE TO KNOW WHY THEY BOTHERED SAVING US FROM THAT RED CREEP, BUT I THINK WE SHOULD AVOID CONTACT WITH THEM.
?; I see you're up.
HF; WHOA, WHO'S THAT!?
ES; Jerome Welric. Sound. He must have pathed in.
JW; You've recovered.
ES; (to Sound) Yes. And I'm afraid I have to leave now.
JW; Rather inconsiderate of you, considering how much we've done to you.
ES; I can't stick around. I have several things to take care of.
JW; I am aware of that. But before you leave, I have a request.
ES; What?
JW; I need information on the whereabouts of Valerie Thien.
HF; WHO?
ES; (mentally) An emissary. Code named Wildfire. Her emissary power makes her capable of Dragonic physiology.
HF; THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN?
ES; (mentally) It means she has dragon-like powers.
HF; Oh...
ES; What do you want from her?
JW; That's none of your concern.
ES; Give me an explanation.
JW; I'm not allowed to disclose information regarding our reasons for seeking her out.
ES; Then I'm out of here.
ESTREN JUST TELEPORTED OUT OF THE HIDEOUT.
HF; YOU SURE YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST BAILED LIKE THAT?
ES; Why do you care?
HF; I DON'T. JUST WONDERING.
ES; Let's go find Hideaki.
HF; ALRIGHT. LET'S GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment